Moist & Fluffy Devils Food Cake
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add coffee, oil and buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pans until warm and then remove from pans and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- While cakes are cooling prepare frosting by creaming butter with a mixer.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar until mixture is thick, and well combined.
- Mix in heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract.
- Frost cooled cakes.
Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
Melt the butter and the chocolate chips in a medium s
In an electric mixer on medium speed beat the cream cheese until smooth
Remove the chocolate from heat and let cool a little
mix chocolate and cream cheese together until well blended
add powdered sugar and combine completely